Welcome. How may we serve you?
Crime & Safety Tips
- Stay aware and alert of your surroundings. Keep your eyes open and trust your instincts.
- Report suspicious activities to Campus Security immediately.
Call (386) 481-2900 or in case of emergency call 911.
Your Residential Halls
- Never leave your door unlocked. Do not loan your room key to anyone
- Exterior doors cannot be left open. Notify your Residential Life Coordinator or Campus Security if you notice exterior doors not locking or latching properly.
Out At Night
- It is always safer to walk in groups and in well-lit areas. Familiarize yourself with your travel routes and destinations during daylight hours.
- If you feel unsafe while out alone on campus, call Campus Security and someone will gladly escort you. Only accept rides from people you know.
- Textbooks should be marked with a security marker to protect them from theft. This marker is available in the Department of Public Safety office.
- Complete an inventory on all of your text books and all personal property.
- Never leave any of your property unattended. Property left unattended is vulnerable to theft.
- If you have a car or motorcycle parked on B-CU campus, it must be registered with the Department of Public Safety and have a decal.
- When parking, keep valuables out of sight. Either lock them in the trunk or take them with you. A thief is less likely to be interested in your car if they do not see anything of value.