Welcome. How may we serve you?



What is the FAFSA?


The FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid and is used to apply for federal student aid such as grants, work-study, and loans. You may also use the FAFSA to apply for state and some private aid.

How can I fill out the FAFSA?

The EASIEST and FASTEST way to complete the FAFSA is electronically by using FAFSA on the Web. Apply online at www.fafsa.ed.gov . You can also fill out and mail a paper FAFSA, but it takes much longer. Each method is available in both in English and Spanish versions. Do NOT submit more than one application. 

What is the PIN?

The Personal Identification Number (PIN) serves as your identifier to let you access your personal information in various U.S. Department of Education systems. It's like the PIN you get from your bank that permits you to access your account. The PIN also allows you to sign your federal student aid application online and allows you to correct your application data online.You can apply for a PIN by visiting www.pin.ed.gov

What records do I need to complete my FAFSA?

In order to successfully complete a FAFSA, you will need information from one or more of the documents listed on below that apply to you:
  • Your Social Security Number. Be sure it is correct!
  • Your driver's license (if any)
  • Your 2013 W-2 Forms and other records of money earned
  • Your alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
  • Your current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records
  • Your current bank statements
  • Your 2013 untaxed income records 
    • Veterans benefits records   
    • Child support received
    • Worker's compensation
  • Your (and your spouse´s, if you are married) 2013 Federal Income Tax Return.
    • IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ
    • Foreign Tax Return, OR
    • Tax Return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federal States of Micronesia, or Palau
  • Your Parents´ 2013 Federal Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student)

Who can I contact if I have questions on how to complete the FAFSA?

For questions about the FAFSA, call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1- 800-433-3243) or 1-319-337-5665. If you are hearing impaired and have questions, please contact the TTY line at 1-800-730-8913.

OR Read the FAQs at www.fafsa.ed.gov, and read The Completing the FAFSA Guide at  http://studentaid.ed.gov/completefafsa/. Still have Questions? Use the “Need Help?” link at the bottom of the FAFSA webpage to get your questions answered.

If these methods do not work then contact the Financial Aid Office for additional help.

What is the deadline for the FAFSA application?

For the 2014-2015 school year, submit your application as early as possible, but no earlier than January 1, 2014. FSA must have your application no later June 30, 2014. We must have your correct, complete information by your last day of enrollment in the 2014-2015 school year. The priority deadline for B-CU is March 24,, 2014. The earlier you get your FAFSA done the more aid you are eligible for.

I haven't finished my taxes yet. What should I do?

If you are facing a deadline and want to get the application in as soon as possible, you may estimate your tax amounts for now. Once you have completed your tax forms, make the corrections to your file either on the Web or by mailing in your paper SAR.

Financial Aid Facts

The latest news from wildcat country...

Special Events
Bethune-Cookman Offers Minimum Of $30,000 In Advertising Dollars To Orange Avenue Businesses

The University Will Run Free Commercial PSAs for Community Businesses Directly Affected by Orange Avenue Reconstruction Efforts


Search Our Site

Get In Touch

Call Us
(386) 481-2000
Visit Us

640 Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard
Daytona Beach, FL 32114View Map