Academic Computing - Technical Support
To review, the Office of Academic Computing provides the following assistance and support services for distance learning faculty:
- Orientation and support for the approvals, development, and management processes associated with delivering online learning
- Support team coordination
- Policy advisement
- Access to the LMS and supplemental software
- 1-1 and group technology and integration training
- Assistance with instructional design related to course development and/or conversion
- Limited scanning of text and graphic material for use online
- Ongoing, course-related technical support for faculty during course delivery
Common faculty distance learning assistance requests, include, but are not limited to:
- Temporary and experimental course development shells creation
- New and experienced distance learning faculty assistance
- 1-1 training requests
- Customized group training requests
- Scanning and multimedia assistance
- Copyright consultation
- Course access for incompleters
CIT HelpDesk: During normal business hours, the HelpDesk, staffed by User Support Services, can answer many technical questions related to distance learning. The may be reached at ext. 2070, email address email@example.com or visited at 585 Mary McLeod Bethune Blvd from 8:30AM to 5:00PM.
Blackboard Student Services 24/7 HelpDesk: The Center for Information Technology has partnered with PresidiumLearning to provide 24/7 Help Desk support. They can be reached toll-free at 1-866-207-3337 or through the B-CU/Blackboard Student Services website.
Office of Academic Computing: ACT staff are available via website contact form, telephone (ext. 2287), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or in-person at 585 Mary McLeod Bethune Blvd. for technical support. Any inquiries for support will be returned within 24 hours during business days.