INVEST IN YOUR SUCCESS
JUNE 17, 2015-JULY 17, 2015
What are the requirements to attend the Summer Scholars Bridge Program (SSBP)?
Summer Scholar Bridge participants must:
- apply and be accepted to Bethune-Cookman University;
- send a final high school transcript or an official letter (on school’s letterhead) confirming completion of high school requirements;
- complete a Financial Aid Summer Application and FAFSA;
- submit a payment of $300.00 for B-CU Orientation.
Who should attend the SSBP?
- Students who may benefit from smaller class sizes and additional tutoring services;
- Students who want to jump start or advance their college career;
- Students who need to take pre-college level classes and conditionally admitted students (CAMP).
Why should I enroll in the SSBP?
- Summer Scholar Bridge participants will be able to jump start their college experience.
- Scholars will participate in B-CU Orientation and become familiar with the campus and its resources.
- Students will be also able to register early for the fall semester, and they can enroll in a lower number of credits to reduce the stress of transitioning from high school to college.
- Participants will make connections early and have the opportunity to network with faculty, staff, administrators, and fellow students.
- Students attaining a “C” or higher grade point average are guaranteed regular admittance into B-CU for the following fall semester.
What will I gain from this program?
Students will participate in workshops that will help them develop skills and attitudes necessary for the attainment of academic, career, and life goals. All students who enroll will be surrounded by supportive staff and faculty who will assist them in achieving success. Students will also be able to participate in intensive, instructor-led homework/tutoring sessions following each class. Students will earn up to 7 credit hours.
How much does it cost to participate in SSBP?
Total cost per student would be $3,000.00(which may be funded through financial aid) + a NON-REFUNDABLE enrollment fee of $300.00.
To apply for financial aid, students should log on to http://www.cookman.edu/financial_aid/gettingstarted/index.html
Specially reduced rates are offered for this summer program. Each participant is required to take 7 credit hours in this program.
What is included in the tuition and fees?
- SSBP participants’Tuition and Fees includes:
- 7 credit hours (classes begin June 22nd)
- Textbooks/Online Software;
- On-Campus Housing (for orientation and SSBP);
- 3 Meals Per Day;
- Early Registration for Fall classes;
- Field Trips and Co-Curricular Activities;
- Closing Ceremony & Family Day Cook-Out – July 17th 2015.
How do I apply for Financial Aid?
- 2014-15 and 2015-16 FAFSA and B-CU Summer Financial Aid Forms are needed ASAP
- Summer 2015 FAFSA Priority Deadline is May 1 (All documents due by May 15);
- Fall 2015 Priority Deadline is March 24 (All documents due by April 24).
When is the deadline to apply for the program?
- Deadline for submission of ALL SSBP documentation is MAY 15, 2015.
- Applicants should complete the Orientation Registration Form.