Bethune-Cookman University employees draw motivation and direction from six strongly held principles. These principles guide the manner in which we treat each other and those we serve.
1. Christian Mission. We exist to serve the needs of our communities and incorporate Christian values at every level of service.
2. High Ethical Standards. We conduct our business with integrity, honesty and fairness. As responsible stewards, we use our financial resources wisely by choosing business practices which are cost-effective, productive and result in a fair return on investment.
3. Quality and Service Excellence. We strive to meet or exceed both the service standards of the education industry and the expectations of the students we serve. We measure our success through continuous surveying of student satisfaction.
4. Compassion. We are sensitive to the needs of the individuals and families we serve and meet their needs with kindness and empathy.
5. Focus on Community. We commit time, talent and financial support to involve and educate our neighbors in the principles of civic service and social responsibility. Examples are the Town Hall forums held year around and meetings with the stakeholder groups, i.e. church, community, businesses, political leaders, alumni, parents, etc.
6. Cultural Diversity. We value the diversity of our students, employees, business colleagues and visitors and treat them with kindness and respect regardless of their background, race, religion, or culture.