Points of Integrity
From administrators to service staff, to outside contracted services, regardless of our personal responsibilities, everyone associated with Bethune-Cookman University is a representative of the total University and expected to honor our points of integrity.
- Fulfill Regulatory Responsibilities – Comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, being guided by the basic principles of honesty and fairness.
- Provide Excellent Customer Service – Deliver necessary services in a compassionate, respectful and ethical manner without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender or disability; treat customers with dignity and respect at all times.
- Maintain Accurate Records – Ensure accurate and reliable individual and institutional records; and prepare reports honestly and in accordance with established finance and accounting procedures.
- Ensure Appropriate Official Contacts – Maintain contacts with, federal, state, local government and accrediting agency officials and personnel in a professional manner, affirming the high integrity of the university.
- Deliver Financially Responsible Service – Maintain openness, honesty and accuracy in billing for services. Provide students with understandable explanations of services provided; hold responsible parties financially accountable only for services rendered; and seek to resolve conflicts in a fair and equitable manner. Follow sound accountability principles and ethically centered leadership practices.
- Advertise and Communicate Honestly – Carry out our institution’s public and commercial communications in a manner consistent with our mission; and ensure that our marketing and advertising statements are accurate and sensitive to community culture without false or misleading statements.
- Strive for Fairness in All Activities – Continually examine our practices to identify, avoid or eliminate potential conflicts of interest.
- Privacy of Employee and Student Information – Maintain the privacy of our students’ and our employees’ information.
- Adherence and Fulfillment of Standards of Excellence – Comply and meet with all required standards and regulations governed by federal, state, and regional accrediting bodies.