Bookstore Orders: Cap/Gown, Invitations and Extras
- The regalia costs for graduates are covered by the graduation fees payable to B-CU, ($75.00 for bachelor degree candidates, $105 for masters' degree candidates). There is no additional charge for academic regalia for graduating students.
- The Herff Jones website for ordering personalized announcements, class rings and academic regalia is active now. The site address is mygrad.herffjones.com Students CANNOT use financial aid on the Herff Jones website.
- The campus bookstore will continue taking student regalia orders in the store now until March 22nd.
- Generic graduation announcements with date/time insert card are available in the store for sale now.
- The cut-off date for student regalia orders both in the store and on the Herff Jones site is March 22, 2013. Students who miss this date will have to be fitted from the extra regalia the Bookstore will order. It is critical that students with special sizing requirements place their orders before the cut-off date.
- Graduating seniors need only to provide height (in heels if applicable), weight, and the exact degree and program they are graduating from (to match "tassel color") to order regalia.
- Student caps are "one size fits most." The campus bookstore will have a limited number of XL caps available - IF A STUDENT IS GOING TO WEAR "BIG HAIR, INCLUDING DREADS", the student will need to request an XL cap when picking up their regalia. The campus bookstore also recommends that students requiring a XL cap bring bobby pins (available for sale in the bookstore) to clip their mortarboard cap securely.
- Masters' candidates need to identify themselves as such since they wear a different gown and receive a hood.
- Class of 2013 African Kente Cloth Stoles are available for sale in the store now. Stoles are entirely optional and retail at $23.20 plus tax and are extra; they are not part of the graduation fee. Nursing stoles and B-CU generic stoles sold at the same retail are in stock and available at the B-CU Bookstore now. Nursing Gold-filled pins are also available for $95.20 plus tax.